I design tools for wielding visual media.
I'm from Brazil, Argentina, or Ohio. I've been living in Brooklyn ever since my '98 Outback (Charly) exhaled his last breath, mufferless. Machine learning pays my bills, though I reckon myself a designer.
I think of design as the process of reifying ideology. I'm called to action by Illich, Postman, and Debord, guided by Arnheim and McLuhan, and invigorated by Serra and Turrell. Spinetta, Caetano, and Roth keep me sane.
I love morning commutes in crowded subways and weaving through traffic. A party means yellow plastic Skol tables, buckets of Original, and endless banter. I dream of modular furniture, Spanish courtyards, and industrial kitchens. I have a Mario Benedetti verse memorized for a moment that may never come.
My diary consists of reminders that the only rule is work aside to-do lists which I unsucessfully tackle in parallel. I wish to have the world ready-to-hand.
These are some op-eds, ramblings, and notes.
- (05/21) The world at my fingertips
- (02/21) Why nerds win in tech
- (01/21) May we live particular lives!
- (10/20) Notes: In the Blink of an Eye
- (08/20) Reminders for How to Live
- (01/20) Heidegger and Driving (Stanford Daily)
- (09/19) Resp: Finding Meaning at Stanford
- (09/18) On Choosing Classes (Stanford Daily)
Click here to expand the library of books I've read in the past couple of years.
- Vid2Player: Turn broadcast tennis matches into controllable 2D video sprites that appear and play like star tennis players. (Publication accepted to ACM Transactions on Graphics) [Paper & Video]
- Toys: Ray marchers, lisp interpreters, 808 sequencer in React, hacking legacy iPhone for AR occlusion, generative shaders, neural textures, etc... [Github]
- TensorCheck: Run-time validation of tensors for machine-learning systems. [Github]
- Foolish: A short film about an interactive installation, put on hold due to COVID-19. This project was my Honors in the Arts thesis. [Video]
- End-less: Kinetic sculpture. Found objects, CNC machining, electronics and gears, woodworking, 3D printing, and plaster casting. [Images]
- Adjustabase: Adjustable baseplate for downhill skateboarding. Machined manually from 6061 aluminum with sand-blasted finish. [Poster]